A Metal Finisher is responsible for following finishing procedures for customer-supplied product; equipment operation and safety requirements as documented in the J & L Dimensional Services, Inc. Quality System. Performs duties and responsibilities as listed below.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all safety measures including wearing appropriate PPE in designated areas.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions with assistance.
- Read and understand customer-supplied work instructions with assistance.
- Read and understand activity instructions with assistance.
- Perform finishing skills as required by customer-supplied work instructions with assistance.
- Understand and operate level 1 pin gauges, snap gauges, and templates.
- Verify quality of work, work to tolerances, recognize defects and reroute nonconforming customer-supplied products.
- Report any nonconforming product.
- Accurately document reporting criteria.
- Work quickly, yet accurately, to meet schedules.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Training Required
- Manually Adept
- Capable of multitasking
- Work in an environment with constant noise levels
- Works well individually or on a team
- Works in a sitting position approximately 70% of the time, and work standing and/or lifting approximately 30% of the time.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Location: La Porte, IN 46350 (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)