A Layout Inspector Level 1 is an entry level position. The responsibilities are to follow procedures of layout department and work directly with their designated trainer to perform specific duties and responsibilities as listed below.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Conform to the J & L Mission Statement (Quality Policy) as required by the J & L Quality System.
- Comply with the J & L Quality System and the J & L Employee Handbook, as documented.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Read and understand customer-supplied work instructions (SOW).
- Read and understand written procedures.
- Work in a sitting position approximately 70% of the time, and work standing and/or lifting approximately 30% of the time.
- Have an intermediate knowledge of computer application software.
- Accurately document reporting criteria and input data for record keeping.
- Physically prepare and set up items to be inspected as defined by customer-supplied work instructions.
- Prepare itemized masters and departmental forms to generate reports in compliance with requirements.
- Use gloves and safety equipment to minimize the potential to sustain minor cuts and abrasions from handling castings and operating equipment.
- Have general knowledge of gauge and gauge calibration.
- Perform general periodic maintenance on inspection equipment as required.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of trigonometry, geometry, and general mathematics.
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineering instructions.
- Perform sustained mental concentration.
- Be capable of doing multiple tasks.
- Work well with others, be a team member.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Basic Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Insurance – Company Funded
- Supplemental Life Insurance – Employee Funded
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays – after introductory period
- Paid Vacation – after 1 year of service
Salary: $13.85 /hour Starting, performance increase after a successful 90 day training period.