A Layout 3DD Technician is an entry level position. The responsibilities are to work directly with the designated managers to perform specific duties and responsibilities as listed below.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Conform to the J & L Mission Statement (Quality Policy) as required by the J & L Quality System.
- Comply with the J & L Quality System and the J & L Employee Handbook, as documented.
- Comply with the safety requirements on the equipment operation as documented in the J & L Quality System.
- Use gloves and safety equipment to minimize the potential to sustain minor cuts and abrasions from handling castings and operating equipment.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Sustain mental concentration.
- Be capable of doing multiple tasks.
- Work primarily independent along with working well with others by being a team player.
- Work in a sitting position approximately 60% of the time, and work standing and/or lifting approximately 40% of the time.
- Keep assigned areas clean and orderly.
- Perform other duties as required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive work instructions from the finishing department manager.
- Follow procedures of the layout department.
- Prepare, set-up, and operate job-assigned machinery.
- Operate ATOS Scanner (Structured Light) Comparator, and Hand Tools.
- Properly conduct tests using quality control equipment.
- Read and understand work order instructions procedures on the router.
- Have a basic knowledge of computer application software.
- Accurately document reporting criteria and input data for record keeping.
- Prepare departmental forms to generate reports in compliance with specified requirements.
- Work quickly and maintain accuracy while under pressure to meet schedule deadlines.
- Basic Life Insurance & Short Term Disability Insurance – Company Funded
- Supplemental Life Insurance – Employee Funded
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Holidays – after introductory period
- Paid Vacation – after 1 year of service
- Blue Print Reading: 2 years (Preferred)
- Basic Geometry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Basic Trig: 2 years (Preferred)
- Basic GD&T: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school (Required)
Location: La Porte, IN 46350 (Preferred)
- Drivers (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)