A Salvage Finisher is responsible for following procedures for customer-supplied product; equipment operation and safety requirements as documented in the J & L Dimensional Services, Inc. Quality System. Performs duties and responsibilities as listed below.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Know, understand, and follow applicable information outlined in the J&L Quality Manual and J&L Employee Handbook.
- Follow all safety measures including wearing appropriate PPE in designated areas.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Read and understand customer-supplied work instructions and activity instructions with assistance.
- Perform salvage finishing skills as required by customer-supplied work instructions with assistance.
- Understand and operate level 1 pin gauges, snap gauges, and templates.
- Verify quality of work, work to tolerances, recognize defects and reroute nonconforming customer-supplied products.
- Report any nonconforming product.
- Accurately document reporting criteria.
- Work quickly, yet accurately, to meet schedules.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Training Required
- Manually Adept
- Able to lift and hold 50+ lbs throughout duration of shift
- Capable of multitasking
- Work in an environment with constant noise levels
- Works well individually or on a team
- Works in a sitting position approximately 50% of the time, and work standing and/or lifting approximately 50% of the time
Salary: $14 to $15 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- drivers license (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- 31-40 hours per week (preferred)
- Monday to Friday