The core function of this position is to create, build, and manage customer relationships for the company. The Sales Representative is responsible for developing relationships with their customers that garner trust and position the company as an industry leader in manufacturing support. This position will be the primary connection between our company and our customers for solving issues, finding answers, caring for needs, and providing quotes for services. Additionally, the Sales representative will be proactive in their approach to customer interaction and will find it necessary to monitor the customer’s markets to see developing trends and address those with the customer in a pro-active manner. Most importantly, this role requires prospecting which will be achieved through cold-calls, emails, social media, web-interface, trade shows, onsite visits and other methods to connect with new customers. This position calls for the Sales Rep. to coordinate with other departments in the company to develop marketing strategies, for the services those departments offer, and to provide accurate opportunities to new clients.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Along with the Chief Sales Officer (CSO), qualify leads from marketing campaigns and prospecting efforts as sales opportunities and build long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- Conduct regular and appropriate activities under the direction of the CSO to maintain customer relations, education, development and service.
- Contact current clients through various marketing methods (i.e. – phone-calls, emails, social media, campaigns, onsite visits, and web presence).
- Process quotes from customers in a timely manner. J&L adheres to a 48-hour turn-around time for quotes for customers.
- Execute RFQ’s according to the quoting process developed by the company.
- Maintain RFQ status through daily tracking activities and data in E2 and updating appropriate RFQ tracking sheets.
- Receive PO’s from customers and initiate the contract compliance process. Upon completion of the compliance process respond to customers concerning the accuracy and acceptance of the PO.
- Follow-up on quotes submitted back to customers in a timely manner and deliver feedback to the CSO.
- Assist the company in achieving its quality standards by maintaining customer and part information in E2 for accuracy.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services back to them.
- Under the direction of the CSO, customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans.
- Along with the CSO, build long-term trusting relationships with clients.
- Set up meetings or call between current clients and company representatives.
- Work with company representatives to provide professional after-sales support to enhance the customers experience.
- Remain in frequent contact with clients to understand their ever-changing needs.
- Respond to customer complaints and resolve issues to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Research and analyze current markets and trends for strategic recommendations to positively impact the company’s plans and activities.
- Conform to the J & L Quality Manual and the J & L Employee Handbook as documented.
- Know and understand the J & L Mission Statement (Quality Policy) as required by the J & L Quality System.
- Report on applicable job-related metrics back to CSO.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
Qualifications and Training Required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in sales. Must be able to prove past success.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with ERP software (e.g. E2, JobPack).
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Hubspot).
- Familiarity with aerospace or an aerospace background is desired.
- Must have experience in all facets of a complicated sales cycle including: hunting for, finding, and closing new business, in a business to business role.
- Hand’s-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls and onsite visits).
- Authentic and effective and direct communication. The less email, the better.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas. Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Be comfortable prospecting C-Suite executives, VPs, presidents, and CEOs.
- Maintains a professional demeanor while at work.
- Ability to multi-task and persevere in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Well-developed planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite (preparing documents, analyzing spreadsheets and charts, doing presentations, handling electronic communications).
Benefits include a base salary plus additional compensation.
The schedule for this position is to be mutually agreed upon with the Chief Sales Officer and notified to the HR office. Travel to customer locations, and trade shows is expected.