A Reverse Engineer has a responsibly to follow procedures of the layout department and work directly with their designated trainer to perform specific duties and responsibilities as listed below:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Read and understand customer-supplied work instructions (SOW).
- Read and understand written procedures.
- Work in a sitting position approximately 70% of the time, and work standing and/or lifting approximately 30% of the time.
- Have an intermediate knowledge of computer application software. – PCDIMS, POLYWORKS, EXCEL
- Accurately document reporting criteria and input data for record keeping.
- Physically prepare and set up items to be inspected as defined by customer-supplied work instructions.
- Prepare itemized masters and departmental forms to generate reports in compliance with requirements.
- Have general knowledge of gauge and gauge calibration.
- Perform general periodic maintenance on inspection equipment as required.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of trigonometry, geometry, and general mathematics.
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineering instructions.
- Perform sustained mental concentration.
- Be capable of doing multiple tasks.
- Work well with others, be a team member.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Training Required
High School diploma or equivalent, and some college preferred.
Experience with advanced mathematics, computers, blueprints, and an ability to operate precision equipment is beneficial.
Must be able to pass a skills exam in mathematics and blueprint interpretation, as well as interview with personnel.