A NDT Inspector is responsible for preparing castings for Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection and then inspects processed castings for conformance to work instructions. Follows procedures for customer-supplied product, equipment operation and safety requirements as documented in the J & L Dimensional Services, Inc. Quality System. Performs duties and responsibilities as listed in specific duties and responsibilities below.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
A NDT Inspector must be able to:
- Know and understand the J & L Mission Statement (Quality Policy) as required by the J & L Quality System.
- Conform to the J & L Quality System, and the J & L Employee Handbook, as documented.
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Read and interpret customer-supplied work instructions and blue prints.
- Read and understand activity instructions.
- Work individually as well as on a team
- Verify quality of work, work to tolerances, recognize defects and reroute nonconforming customer-supplied products.
- Inspect castings for conformance to established specifications.
- Perform other duties as required.
NDT Inspector (Processor- Level 1) must be able to do all of the above and:
- Verify casting and Job Traveler information
- Refers to processing technique card to determine which of several processes to use
- Moves castings through basic processing steps, observing specified materials, temperatures and times
- Matches casting with appropriate Job Traveler and transfers work to next operation, normally F.P.I
Salary: $14 to $16/hour