The purpose of the HR Generalist is to maintain and assist at specific Human Resources functions including recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, onboarding and outplacement, policy and government compliance, safety and personnel administration.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Positive, Can-Do Attitude.
- Self-starter – Lots of Initiative.
- Results orientation (avoids busywork).
- Assertive and self-confident.
- Patient and calm demeanor.
- Excellent team player.
- High levels of honesty and integrity.
- Creative/innovative/forward thinking.
- Likes going “Outside” the Box.
- Great communication skills.
- Willingness to solve problems at the lowest level. (Solution Orientation)
- Good business acumen.
- Analytical and efficient approach to work.
- Prefers to be out from behind the desk.
- Willingness to work additional hours as required.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and enter employee-related data including compensation, benefits, training, and legal compliance items.
- Assist at benefit plan administration by interfacing with employee or manager to process employee transactions including hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, add and change of benefits by employees.
- Conduct the employment search and hire process by updating job descriptions, advertising each opening, proactively searching for candidates, posting jobs, performing background checks, validating references, responding to questions, and conducting prescreen interviews.
- Assist at onboarding new hires including badging, security, payroll administration, and responding to new employee questions and inquiries.
- Keypunch the weekly payroll in payroll system and generate pay stubs.
- Administer quarterly employee surveys and summarize results for management.
- Assist supervisors in their efforts to develop and administer training and testing.
- Educate and assist supervisors in the administration of the employee handbook policies.
- Interface with state authorities on all workers compensation inquiries and appeals. Attend virtual hearings as required.
- Conduct research regarding pay ranges by job title and educate management as required.
- Assist at safety program administration including gathering and organizing/SDS sheet collection, Safety Handbook updates, and performing remote Safety desk audits as required.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Human resources: 1 year (Preferred)