The core function of this position is to pursue opportunities for long-term growth through the discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. This involves finding new clients for existing services, but also identifying and defining new clientele sets who may have not initially been marketing targets for the company. You will utilize a number of methods to accomplish this goal: new customer prospecting, social media, trade shows, onsite visits, grant applications and any other method the company determines as appropriate. You will collaborate with team members in other departments to develop growth strategies for the services those departments offer, in order to provide accurate opportunities to new clients.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Per the direction of the CSO, qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities.
- Contact current clients through various marketing methods (i.e. – cold-calls, emails, social media, campaigns, onsite visits, and web presence).
- Report to CSO Weekly on weekly measured sales activities (cold calls, RFQs, and customer visits)
- Assist the CSO, in presenting service opportunities to clients.
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services to the team.
- Under the direction of the manager, customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Hand these customers off to the sales representatives after the onboarding process.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payments plans.
- During the 1st year, remain in frequent contact with clients to understand their ever-changing needs.
- Look for grant opportunities and other ways to market J&L as the provider of choice.
- Other tasks and duties as deemed necessary by the company.
Qualifications and Training Required
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Well-developed planning, organizing and prioritizing skills.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite (preparing documents, analyzing spreadsheets and charts, doing presentations, handling electronic communications).