A Layout Operator is responsible for setup, program selection, operation, data collection and storage of data related to dimensional inspections. The end goal of the Layout Operator is to run scripts and programs developed by Layout Programmers for the purpose of validating production parts. They are responsible for following procedures for customer-supplied product; equipment operation and safety requirements as documented in the J & L Dimensional Services, Inc. Quality System.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Know, understand, and follow applicable information outlined in the J&L Quality Manual and J&L Employee Handbook.
- Follow all safety measures including wearing appropriate PPE in designated areas.
- Read and understand customer supplied and internal activity instructions.
- Utilize appropriate documentation techniques including basic report creation, quality control of data, and accurate reporting of any nonconforming product.
- Understand and operate relevant equipment and software at a basic level.
- Verify quality of work. Identify and correct bad data prior to data export.
- Perform other duties as required.